Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bo's Giant Lot O' Cards Part 3: I Love GOLD!

After yesterday's more somber post, I figured I'd brighten up the blog with the brightest cards from the trade box I got from Bo - GOLD!

Occasionally I consider collecting Gold cards, either as sets or simply in general...but there's just so many that I don't really know exactly what kind of shape any such collection would take. That said, I'll always take Gold cards when given the opportunity, which is why I ended up with 23 such cards in this trade! I'll start by showing off a bunch of them, and then I'll show my three favorites at the bottom of this post.

Here's 9 of the baseball ones:
Okay, actually 8, because Electric Diamond =/= Gold...it's still really cool though. I love the Gold Standard card in the bottom right though - it just looks really, really nice!


Here's 9 of the Basketball variety:
Most from '92-'93, with one from '93-'94. The Horizontal card is really cool, as is the Kevin Willis League Leaders card.


Getting down to the best cards of the pack, here's 3 more I received:
A Jason Arnott Score Gold Rush Rookie, Luc Longley Rookie, and a really nice looking LaSalle Thompson card in the bottom right. Great photo.


Finally, the top 3. First we have #3, Mookie Blaylock:
Awesome because it's Mookie! And I like it when the shot goes over the border sometimes.


#2 is Al Martin's RC, where he's signing some autos for the fans:
Martin was a weird guy - he claimed to have played 2 years with the USC Trojans in the 1980's for years, but that was proven incorrect in 2001. He was also a temporary bigamist in 2000, as he didn't realize his marriage to a second woman in Las Vegas was legally binding. Very weird stories both - nice little career for the guy though.


Finally, card #1, which totally rules - Brian Williams with a lay up featuring a lurking Manute Bol:
How cool is that? It'd be even better if he was getting blocked by Bol on the card, but I'll take what I can get. Interestingly enough though, Williams makes a cameo on Bol's card as well. That image features Bol in his home whites though, so I guess these guys played a few times that year.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar