When you enter the garden of Stow Hall they give you a map and a guide to the garden. The Hare family moved in in 1553, I read, and there have been several versions of the house, the last being demolished in the 1990s. But they've kept the gardens.....and that was as far as I got. I folded the map and put it in my pocket, surrendered to the silence and just wandered through this lovely tranquil scene...
Wise decision that, choosing the garden over the house. So many people would have sold off the land to finance a big house.
Take care.
(If you want to visit Stow Hall Gardens near Downham Market then it's open on Wednesdays and most Sundays during the summer. Check their website).
Take care.
(If you want to visit Stow Hall Gardens near Downham Market then it's open on Wednesdays and most Sundays during the summer. Check their website).

0 Yorumlar