Frugal Things I Did This Week...
~ Repaired a kitchen cabinet with hot glue.
~ Made more homemade ranch dressing using our favorite recipe.
~ I signed up for the Sunbelt Bakery Friends program and earned enough points (only 500 needed, easy to earn) to get a free Sunbelt Bakery product coupon. Click here to join: Sunbelt
~ Repaired a tear in a rug with duct tape making it useful again.
~ Printed January through May 2016 Calendar online for free. Turns out I really like the free online calendars and I already have days scheduled for 2016, so I needed to print those months.
~ Cancelled Netflix, which will save me $8.77 per month. We were not watching enough movies to justify the cost and then when we did mail them back the waiting time for a new movie had increased from two days to almost a week, which was not worth it to me, so I cancelled for these reasons.
~ Cut the use of the air conditioners with the cooler weather and have already seen a reduction in the electric bill.
~ Received an email from Little Debbie snack cakes. Normally I would have just deleted it, but this email had coupons inside to print. Sometimes I am too quick to delete emails, and in doing so lose out on a coupon or two, which is something I need to work on.
~ I was only scheduled to work one day this week, but turns out I ended up working all five days. Sometimes the call did not come until late in the morning. One day I went into the classroom with only four minutes until class started, but I was grateful to be able to work all week.
~ Made a batch of stain remover using one part Dawn dishwashing detergent to two parts hydrogen peroxide along with some baking soda. This has gotten old stains out for me, so I keep it under the sink with a toothbrush for stubborn stains.
~ Viewed store ads online rather than buy a paper for 50¢.
~ Bought two 12 count packages of Angel Soft toilet paper for $3.99
combining a sale with a coupon, which made them 33¢ per roll. These were double rolls.
~ Made lunches from home for work/school.
~ Bought a pizza for $1.00. Our local pizzeria, Cheezie's, had a Facebook deal from Monday the 28th thru Wednesday the 30th. Buy any pizza at regular price and get one of equal value for just a dollar. I bought two pizzas, which cost me $10.07 and we ate one for dinner, which left enough for breakfast and lunch the next day.
~ My daughter has allergies and she is allergic to most body washes, so today I went to buy her some Ivory body wash. Walmart sells the 12 ounce bottle for 97¢, but I was aable to clip four coupons from Coupon.com for 50¢ off per bottle. Normally that coupon is for 25¢ off. Each bottle ended up costing me 47¢, a sweet deal.
What did you do this week to be frugal?
Belinda
Live simply by not spending money you don't have.
© Belinda & Frugal Workshop, 2011 - 2015.


0 Yorumlar