Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Goodnight Sweet Garden


The last bloom on the geranium.


Last handful of tomatoes.

Putting the garden to bed for the winter today.
Though we haven't had a killing frost yet, it can't be too far off. 
As much as I hate to see the end to the summer tomatoes...

 
I am looking forward to snipping fresh, crisp lettuce leaves from the lettuce bowl I planted on the patio table.
It's such an easy to grow cool weather crop.

Though I will miss the beauty of the summer garden,
I know that each season has something special to offer.

 So, today I am saying Goodnight to my Sweet Garden.
She has worked hard all summer providing us with color , beauty and nourishing herbs and vegetables.  She deserves a long winter's nap.
In her place we will enjoy all that the autumn garden has to offer.
 The flowers have slowed down, but the trees...
Oh, the beautiful, beautiful trees against the blue, blue sky with the puffy white clouds.  Somehow makes the end of tomato season a bit easier to take.

Happy November, friends.
(don't forget to set your clocks back tonight ;-) 




 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar