One of the things I love about this place we call home
is that I frequently find
'buried treasure' in the gardens.
Like this old, broken, key.
It is huge,
very heavy,
and weighs almost a pound.
It was buried deep in the soil.
In another part of the garden
I found this...
...a huge metal door handle.
It is approx 9 x 6 inches
and weighs about two pounds.
They must have been used
for some quite impressive doors.
for some quite impressive doors.
My very first metal find
was the cog wheel at the
back of this photograph.
It is still my favourite piece.
I haven't a clue what it weighs,
but it is heavy!
These wonderful pieces of more modern metalwork
were also found in the garden.
They are massive and currently live in
the small rockery area.
I am always up for a digging project -
because there is, potentially,
the chance
of
finding more buried treasure.


0 Yorumlar