 |
We had a problem with the sewer pipe to the septic tank and number one son and his pals cleared the hedging and shrubs and uncovered the pipe with a digger and we replaced two plastic pipes.
So I decided to go to my plant nursery - Veg plot and found twenty four Laurel plants that I managed to root from cuttings in late summer. Apart from some cheap compost they cost me NOTHING. Just my effort and my special relationship with dear old Mother Nature. She is very clever.
Any road. Or any way. Instead of paying two Euros a piece for some Laurel hedging I dug holes and planted my own ones. They will be given a sprinkling of organic poultry pellets in Spring and they will be mulched with lawn mower clippings and shredded bark. The lawn never gets artificial chemicals applied to it only a nettle garden tea.
I got the Laurel cuttings for free. I saved them when I cut my hedge. That's something I found out recently. Laurel releases Cyanide when it's pruned. "
Yikes Scooby!" |

The new Laurel hedge and sewer pipes. I will get some cheap gravel soon and cover the pipe. I love it when a plan comes together and doesn't cost very much. Have you got any garden projects in the pipeline? I couldn't resist that pun!
0 Yorumlar