Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

High Fives, Pennant Drives and Fernandomania - A new book about the 1977-1981 Dodgers, by Paul Haddad


I collect Steve Garvey memorabilia, first and foremost.  I am on Ebay pretty much daily for fear that I will miss something unique that will never turn up again.  It's odd though when I find something as common as a book from another source. I don't think I had seen this book for sale on Ebay, which is pretty odd.  Ebay has everything in quantity.  How did I miss a book featuring Steve Garvey?  The problem is it's there, but nobody references Garvey in their description!  He is on the cover, but the book is not about him per se, but of the teams on which he played a major role from 1977-1981.

I ended up buying a copy from Amazon.  Just wanted to share in case other Garvey collectors were not aware.  Usually books can be had for next to nothing soon after they are published, but occasionally we have book with a small print run or some other factor that makes it impossible to find...

Take this case of the 2002 "The Forgotten Dodger", a book about Carl Furillo by Bill Ninfo.  Apparently this is true in more than one way, because this book is not easy to find and when you do, it will cost you triple figure bucks to own one.  When I first learned of this book not too long ago, it was selling in the $900-1000 range.  The price has settled somewhat dramatically as there is one on ebay with a BIN/OBO of $195, but I'm guessing this was a $10-20 book when it was first published.  Perhaps Furillo was so forgotten that nobody bought the book.


Anyway, here is the Dodger book in case anyone wants to locate a copy.  Looks like you can get them for about $15-20.  You can take a chance now and hope that it isn't in the $2 bin a year from now or worse yet, that it is $200!

I have not read it yet.  I really just wanted it for the cover.  I should read it though...I really never read much of anything anymore, especially books.  The internet has made me lazy.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar