Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sweet 16 - Episode VIII


Well, as a father of three, often the amount of time I get on the bench isn't ideal. With a baby who is slowly learning the benefits of sleeping all the way through the night, I am often times pulled away from my project to make a bottle, or relocate her misplaced pacifier. Each night I can guarantee that I will be interrupted at some point during the evening's paint session. Because of this, I have been hesitant to start painting. There is nothing worse having to stop half way through a base coat, or while attempting a pre-shade. So, I've been waiting it out. Hopefully she'll establish a schedule that doesn't include waking up between the hours of 9 PM and 12 AM.

Never the less, I am able to get a little bit of work done on the F-16. And by little bit, I'm not kidding. I masked the canopy in preparation for airbrushing. See, I wasn't lying. That's about as little progress as you can make in almost a week's worth of time.
I use Magic Masker, made by Walthers who specializes in model railroad products. It is a water soluble liquid mask that can be brushed on to whatever surface you don't want painted. When it dries, it is malleable like latex (because it probably is latex) and can be peeled off easily. I swear by it and use it to mask canopies on all my aircraft.


Once painted on, it doesn't look pretty but the coverage is excellent. I give it about 24 hours to dry completely before painting over it.
The mask leaves nice sharp edges with very little, if any, need for clean up once removed.

Well, if it wasn't ready to paint it certainly is now. So, hopefully tonight the airbrush will come out of hiding and the first coat of paint will be laid. Of course, small children don't tend to cooperate with the best of plans so bear with me. This F-16 will be finished...eventually.

Episode IV
Episode III
Episode II
Episode I

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar