Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Lineup #4

I mentioned to Gerald So, editor of The Lineup, that I love poetry, but I'm at a disadvantage when it comes to reviewing the art--I'm just not intellectually savvy enough to put in words what I like about a poem. He was still kind enough to send me an advanced look at issue #4 and I'm grateful he did.

Even though The Lineup contains poems about crimes, I was surprised to see the names of Keith Rawson, Kieran Shea, and Steve Weddle among the author list. Hey, I know them boys and yet I never knew they had the Longfellow in them. Well, now I do, because all three left me in admiration of their stories laid to verse in this collection. Mr. Rawson's "A Story to Tell Our Daughter" had me re-reading it to my wife who also gave it a thumbs up.

Most of the poems, like "Daughter," are short in nature and I finished the whole issue in less than thirty minutes. Other contributors include Ken Bruen, Chad Rohrbacher, and John Stickney. Introduction is by Reed Farrel Coleman.

I have since gone back for a second helping because good poetry wriggles into your cranium and squirrels around until you think you've seen every possible angle. The Lineup is like that--marvelous poetry that deserves several reads. Highly recommended.

Click here and learn more about The Lineup and how to order.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar